As I am laying on my couch watching Rules of Engagement, texting my cousins and on Bloglovin’, I stumble upon KLP and her Liebster award. I like reading these, because I feel I learn a bit more about bloggers. Ive read Tomes and Divachyk’s, along with a few others, so when I saw SOS nominated me I almost dropped my computer. Good thing DH left the house already! I never think anyone is really paying me any mind.
The Liebster award is awarded to up and coming blogs that many may not know about and your typically nominated through another blogger. It will also allow you to learn a bit more about the blogger in general.
11 Interesting Facts About Me:
- Im a pretty private person. Even on social media, I only share things I don’t care that people know about. But if you think Im bad, you should meet my husband
- I love to shop! Its my favorite thing to do!
- Though I’ve repressed it, I use to love drawing and fashion art when I was a teenager. Though I gave it up, its probably why I am so in to fashion (even if I don’t completely dress like it) and why I can pull of certain colors when I wear them together
- Because of my hair and wardrobe, my friend calls me Michelle Obama. I like to dress neat and have a preppy/reserved style, along with my boring ole daily bun, so, I guess I can see where he is coming from
- Most people know Im a die hard foodie, but not really why. During my wedding, we were talking about food and my mother was telling everyone that as a baby, because I am a first child, my father would blend and make all my food. He used to make all this stuff. When they had my younger sister, my mother said she wasn’t having that and she got good ole baby food. We deduced that is the reason why I have such a complicated palate that can taste anything (and criticize it extensively) while my sister doesn’t. Talk about experimentation
- Im slightly OCD. Not Sheldon Cooper OCD, but lets say I like parallel lines, odd numbers bother me, things have to be done a specific way (I always clean my apt from back to front) and until I complete a task, it just continues to bother me and consume my every thought
- I love dresses, but I never wear them because I think I’m to skinny to ever look right in them 😦
- I am my husbands enabler. Sadly, Im also the only person who can calm him down and keep him from hurting peoples feelings
- I hate talking on the phone with people unless I have too. Thank my husband for that…
- I hate sweet smells, citrus smells, awakening smells, anything related to making my mood chipper, making me so happy Im skipping in a sundress or makes me want to act like Im smoking that 70’s stuff. If its not a fresh pressed juice, the smell will drive me crazy
- If its not Grand Marnier, Cointreau or a [Sorrel] Margarita, I probably won’t drink it. I don’t care if its happy hour, you better have my alcohol lol!
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I felt that while a lot of ladies have questions, answers are very limited based on the questions asked. For example, most bloggers I read usually have normal to high porosity hair, or thin strands, so the products they recommend usually never work for me (but I get to learn about new brands 🙂 ). I am also the type of person who likes education before a recommendation. I felt very few blogs offered that, so I didn’t want to start a typical blog, more like my experience with a side of education, so I figured Im not gonna beat them, Im just going to join them.
2. Who was your first hair crush? I want to say say Sunshyne (Hairlista). There is just something about her hair that always amazes me, regardless how many times I look at the same picture.
3. What are your favorite ways of using products that suck? Giving it away. I hate forcing myself to use something I don’t like for the sake of using it. Thats how my cousin gets the good stuff.
4. What was it like when you received your first follower? I was excited that someone cared about what I was writing.
5. What has your hair taught you about life? That everything happens when you make it possible and take it into your own hands. Not everything works the way you want it to, change is good, and sometime refocus and changing goals can make you reevaluate your own life.
6. Where do you see your blog in 5 years? Not really sure. Surprised Im still blogging now.
7. What’s the best thing about blogging? Knowing someone out there is thinking the same thing you are thinking.
8. What does your blog name mean to you? I have low porosity hair. Regardless to what I do, my cuticles are always TIGHT. Im not smooth cuticles because Im achieving a certain look, or even throwing in your face that I have soft, smooth hair; Im smooth cuticles because this is the reality of my life. Sometimes its smooth and moisturized, other times its smooth and dry; it all depends on the side of the bed my hair decided to wake up on.
9. How do you deal with negative feedback on or about your blog? Depends on the circumstances.
10. How personal do you get on your blog? 15 Things…. It’s right under the byline. Thats as personal as I get.
11. How many pushups can you do? 12… I workout a lot…
Mia Power to the PJ
Andrea Lengthening Locks
Aku Not Just My Hair
Jan Today’s Naira
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
- Paste the award on your blog
- Choose 5 blogs to pass this award to (they must have fewer than 200 followers)
- Let the recipients know about their nomination by leaving a comment on their blogs.
- Write 11 interesting facts about you.
- Answer my 11 questions.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What inspired your hair journey?
- How long do you keep post in draft before you post them?
- How do you feel about viewers asking for product recommendations?
- How does your family/loved one feel about your blog?
- What is the best hair advice you could give someone?
- If you could get free products from a company for a year, what company would you choose and why?
- Which is better; cake or cookies?
- What inspires your post?
- How do you feel when products do not live up to the hype another person loves?
One Day, It Will Happen