I didn’t have much hope for this wash day. Too many new products and unsure if it would cause a set back.
1. Did my prepoo overnight. It’s a mixture of coconut, olive, avocado, sweet almond and castor oil. This is always my go to.
2. Clarified a lil bit with my Giovanni triple threat. It’s a mild clarifier, because I still have a month before I relax, and I don’t want to clarify until I relax (mostly because I am avoiding overprocessing).
3. Followed up with my Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo. First time using this and I am hooked. So far, this and my Millcreek Organics are my favorite shampoos.
4. Used Senscience restore masque intensif (that’s soo messed up the way I wrote it). I’m on the fence about this. I really liked it, but I’m not sure where in the protein family I would place this. It did not leave my hair hard like protein treatments but the it defined my NG and under processed sections. Like when something stripping leaves you with that textured feel, like you can feel every crimp in every strand. But it was softening at the same time. Sat under my heating cap for 10 minutes.
5. Smoothed with Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner. Now this, I like.
6. DC under my steamer for 15-20 minutes and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
7. Rinsed a little and used my roux PC.
8. My leave-ins today were Darcy’s and Vitapro. Best combo ever.
I can tell this senscience is for color treated hair because it was very gentle but it did being out the redness of my hair. Yeah, my hair is kinda red, but don’t tell anyone. So anyway, after giving it a day to settle, on my actual wash day (Sunday) it was a little stiff after taking out the rollers and I was scared to comb too much, but the next day (Monday) it was really did and actually not holding in my usual bun. Even my crown was tamed, and the damage of that usually leaves my middle puffy. No puffs today.
I’m on the fence about this stuff because I have to use it again, but I can see this stuff making its way permanently into my product rotation 1x a month.
One Day, It Will Happen